The following is a list of contraindications for mindfulness and breathwork. Please be responsible for your own health and wellbeing. If in any doubt, do not practice mindfulness or breathwork without the express permission of your physician and the in-person guidance of a qualified professional therapist.
- Detached Retina
- Osteoporosis that restricts movement
- High Blood Pressure not controlled with medication
- Cardiovascular disease and/or irregularities including prior heart attack
- Prior strokes or seizures
- Blood thickening issues
- Asthma without an inhaler
- Prior professional diagnosis of bipolar disorder or schizophrenia
- Hospitalisation for any psychiatric condition or emotional crisis during the past 10 years.
- Diagnosed PTSD with strong symptoms
- Any other conditions negatively impacted by physical and/or emotional release